At first, I started this blog for therapeutic venting and to record my journey to recovery from bipolar disorder and self-injury. Since then, I have expanded it to incorporate some of my other goals.
I want to:
- Educate people about bipolar disorder and the effect it can have by showing them a glimpse into the real life of a ‘bipolar chick.’
- Help reduce the stigma associated with mental illness/behavioral health.
- Help others who are living with bipolar disorder or depression (diagnosed or suspected).
- Help the family, friends, and spouses of people diagnosed with a mental illness, especially bipolar disorder or depression.
- Show people who are depressed or suffering that suicide doesn’t have to be an option.
- Educate people about self-injury and debunk common myths and stereotypes concerning it.
I am 100% real, as are my posts. Making my life so public is somewhat risky, but I believe the potential benefits outweigh those risks. Even if I only help one person1 it would be worth it.
I write about things like:
- having bipolar disorder;
- recovery from self-injury and bipolar disorder;
- my triggers for self-injury and bipolar episodes;
- mental illness awareness
- anti-stigma campaign
- my childhood;
- past abuse and traumas;
- current struggles;
- my motives, desires, goals, dreams, fears, failures, successes;
- rants, raves, and thoughts;
- weight issues and BBW pride;
- my dating experiences and sexcapades2;
- relationships and other issues.